Shelburne Farms is seeking an education team member who works on the development and coordination of programs for educators with a focus on education for sustainability, food systems, place-based learning, and service-learning.
Title: Professional Development/Educator
Key Focus Areas: Professional development for K-12 educators, curriculum development in both formal and non-formal settings, program documentation and evaluation, outreach, grant writing and reporting. Approximately 50% of time spent off-site. Some nights and weekends.
A successful candidate must have:
- A Masters Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 + years of providing and leading professional development experiences for educators
- Classroom teaching and/or other relevant k-12 school experience
They will be able to demonstrate significant experience in the following:
- Curriculum development & documentation using standards – Common Core, Next Generation Science Standards, etc.
- Education for Sustainability practices and pedagogies
- Food systems, farm-to-school, food, farming and nutrition education.
- Project management and coordination
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines in an organized and responsible manner
- Public speaking, facilitation, and developing multi-media presentations as well as written communication (journal articles, websites, blogs,)
- Working collaboratively and independently on multiple teams
- Supervising staff, volunteers, college students, and interns
- Relationship building with multiple stakeholders, working with diverse audiences of all ages
It is also a plus to have:
- Knowledge of Vermont schools and community partners
- Current teaching certification
Salary commensurate with experience
Full-Time Salaried Position; Benefits included
Applicants will be accepted until job is filled.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com